Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60 Woes continued

Hello All,
I have almost completed a restoration of a model 60 Cathedral with a "late model" chassis. It matches the schematic on this website "Model 60B late"

I have found problems common to this unit and repaired them including but not limited to- coil primaries open, rebuilt block caps, replaced out of tolerance resistors, cleaned tuning cap, etc. I have aligned it and both bands work. It even sounds good but... I cannot receive stations on the lower end of the AM band. I cannot receive stations from 530 to 650 very well regardless of the signal strength. I live near Chicago, so I have many to choose from. I am using various long wire antennas (45 foot, 90 foot, 22 foot) There is no static between the stations on that part of the band, so I am skeptical of it's performance. All components have been checked and rechecked. Signal tracing from the antenna forward by signal injection checks proper, but I don't know the stage gains. They are not listed on any diagrams. It seems a bit insensitive and not very selective. (Not unlike I was when I was a younger man!)

I anyone has experience with this radio and knows what to expect as far as performance goes, please let me know if this unit normally has an issue with the lower end of the AM band. I want to correct this if this is not normal. Thanks. Ron. radio@radio-americana.com

Messages In This Thread
Model 60 Woes continued - by Guest - 10-27-2007, 11:41 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
[No subject] - by Guest - 11-16-2007, 10:20 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM