Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie

FStephenMasek

You can do it at any point, and I also do it at the same time when changing caps, although for most resistors it does not matter because even with the tubes in they have no DC paths and are usually measured in-circuit pretty close to what they really are. From schematics one should be able to see those that he can measure in-circuit and those he cannot.

However I usually leave resistors till the end as once I can power the radio (most times resistors do not interfere with it) it'd be more interesting for me to see if it is even worth to proceed or maybe my tranny is shut, and then why am I changing resistors now when it can take me half a year to locate the tranny.

The exception to that is the wirewound resistors. Those I usually check immediately as they do affect the operation too much. The carbon resistors are not as critical. Say if the wirewound resistor that connects the rectifier to ground is open nothing will function at all as your whole circuit is not complete.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie - by morzh - 04-18-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie - by boxjoint - 09-26-2013, 01:58 AM