Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Signal generator/Alignment question

Thanks Gary -- yeah -- found in my schematic where there is atlteast one location for the B-. It is the common ground that hooks up to that big 4 in 1 capacitor - which I've already replaced with 4 separate capacitors. Interesting that on this model, the alignment instructions recommend only tapping into the voice coil, as opposed to other models where they recommend hooking a meter into other test points in the circuitry. You're right, it's a really tight circuit box on this model - not alot of room - but I did manage to replace all the caps. I didn't stuff that big electrolytic capacitor that sits on top with the tubes. I just replaced it and found room for it inside. The consensus seems to be that my Radio Shack digital meter is worthless, as you say, for this purpose, so I'll try to do it listening to the speaker output. I see that the IF cans have holes in the top and bottom and there's a hole in the circuit box frame to allow a screwdriver to pass through it into the bottom of the IF cans. Restoration of this thing has been a multi dimensional project, as you know, everything from woodworking, paint stripping, restaining and the electronics. The phonograph works great and I was able to find a new idler wheel and drive belt for it -- as well as the gold PHILCO decal . Thanks for your tips and help,
Cheers,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Signal generator/Alignment question - by ODPILOT - 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: Signal generator/Alignment question - by ODPILOT - 05-15-2013, 07:27 AM