Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Yet another 16B (I'm getting a collection of these!)

By any chance is your new acquisition, or any other 16B in your stable, a CODE 121? I need to know what the correct B+ voltage should be for a CODE 121 (the one with an 80 rectifier, not the 5Z3 version). See my previous post (no responses): http://www.philcoradio.com/phorum/showth...p?tid=6777. The only voltage table I have found is for a CODE 122. I even ordered Chuck's Data Packet for the 16B, but alas it only has the 122 voltage table (plus a list of parts changes, which does not help).

Of course, the voltages MAY be the same for the 121 and 122! But I have checked everything, and the radio has been completely restored (recapped, resistors, tubes, etc.). It even works - all bands! But the maximum AVC voltage I can get with the strongest local BC band station is about -5 volts. I would like to know if the voltages are correct before going further.

Nothing is heating up, and in fact the radio is drawing only 100 watts at 115 volts input (spec is 115). The output and driver tube bias voltages appear reasonable (-26.5 output and -12.8 driver). B+ resistance to ground is dead on correct both with and without the speaker field connected, so there is no short to ground. I used 10mfd filter caps, so if anything, the B+ should be HIGHER than normal.

THANKS!

Messages In This Thread