Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1948 Philco album length phonograph

I'm sure radiotvphononut would have something to say about that "Crosley". Even the cabinets on those China "Crosleys" are crap, it's MDF board with oak veneer. In any event I hope you didn't pay too much for it Marsupial, for what they charge for one of those in London Drugs if I wanted a fancy cabinet for a better phonograph it would be cheaper for me to buy the materials I want at Windsor plywood and make one to order.
With regard to many consumer electronics I'm starting to see more items made in other Asian countries other then China. We briefly had a Sony Blue Ray/DVD player that was made in Malaysia, briefly in that it was not compatible with our current Toshiba TV.
One problem that many of these consumer electronics have, regardless of brand, is that they use cheap electrolytic capacitors that dry out and fail prematurely, usually Chinese mystery brands but some are Taiwan brands, also made in China. In spite of them being listed on the Mauser website Lelon brand caps are garbage, almost as bad as Capxon or Su'scon, the spec sheet may say that they are 105 degree caps, or low ESR, well maybe when brand new but not after a year.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1948 Philco album length phonograph - by Arran - 06-30-2013, 10:57 PM