Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season

OK, it's been a couple weeks since I took a break from cabinets, partly due to my trip to Lansing, partly due to rain here.

Back in the swing of things now.

I applied several veneer patches to the left side of my 39-330AT cabinet today. Funny thing, the left side was the only place that had any missing "chips" of veneer. I applied Titebond II glue, ironed the patches - no clamping necessary, sanded them until they were flush and blended in with the surrounding wood.

The 39-330AT is now ready for final light sanding to remove the remaining residue from stripping, prior to sealing and grain filling.

I began to apply veneer patches to the 41-246T cabinet also. I quit early this afternoon when it became hot and humid. Weather permitting, I will continue working on that cabinet tomorrow afternoon. I just checked the weather...looks like the only significant chance of rain here this week is on Wednesday...which means I should have several days to do cabinet work this week.

Photos later.

I need to order some pumice, rottenstone and pads. I watched one of Bob Andersen's videos on rubbing out a cabinet and I am going to try his technique.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season - by Ron Ramirez - 07-07-2013, 06:26 PM