Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Found a Midwest Radio/Phono PICS ADDED

Jerry,
Now that you mention it, I have been thinking about the dial. I think there may be a part missing. If I remember it correctly there was nothing in the center of the dial. I know it did not move when I tried turning the knob.
I also think the brown has been redone because the RM scan makes it look like the trim is shiny. Luckily there is a piece of the grille cloth still attached on the lower right inside the cabinet, so I hopefully can get a decent match.

I was going to remove the chassis, but the top left screw was going to be a problem as it is mounted on an angle and I couldn't reach all the way up to where the nut was on the back side.

As for the record player, from the underside it looked to be the same age as the rest of the components, so I think it is the original. Even if it isn't I don't mind. I just really like the looks of the set. And with two speakers and the 18 tube chassis it should sound really good.

The lady gave me her home phone as they are closed Tues & Wed. I think my friend with the p/u truck will be back in town tomorrow and we will go get it then. we discussed trying to put it in the back seat of my Caddy, but I am just getting over a bad back problem from a week ago, so didn't want to take a chance on messing it up again trying to wrestle that into the car. She said just call her and she would come down to the store and meet us.

Oh, I also got an Ohmite Little Devils resistor 5 drawer cabinet for $5 and she gave me an old clock for parts.

Gene

Gen

Messages In This Thread
RE: Found a Midwest Radio/Phono Console Today! - by Gene Pederson - 09-17-2013, 03:37 PM