Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season

Well...decal application didn't happen, no time for it. We now have possession of our "new" house, so moving time is upon us.

Depending on the weather, once we've finished moving, I *might* apply the decals, and apply the final coats of clear. But I have a feeling this will not get done until next spring. I have other projects waiting for me now...such as rewiring three Mid Century UFO ceiling light fixtures for the "new" house, among other things.

I'll try to post pictures of the 41-246 and 39-330AT as soon as I can.

In 2014 I hope to refinish even more cabinets than I did this year. I need to finish stripping a 41-KR and then repaint it in white, and I also need to add decals not only to the 41-246 and 39-330AT, but also the Tropic 42-761EZ from last year. Other cabinet candidates for stripping/refinishing: an R-3 cathedral extension speaker from 1932; a 16B Deco tombstone; a 46 cathedral; a 90 cathedral; a 32B cathedral; a late version 116B tombstone; and a 490 console cabinet. There are a few others that could use some work as well.

So, boys and girls...that is it for this year's edition of Ron's Radio Refinishing.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ron's Cabinet Work for the 2013 Season - by Ron Ramirez - 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM