Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie

It's been a while since I poked around the radio. It was sitting on the corner of the workbench for months.

I tried to get things working, but to no avail. So, I've decided to commit to the project for the long haul. I am going to completely strip the chassis, clean it up, and reassemble the radio part by part. Hopefully I can do so in stages so I can test each stage as I add them.

My biggest problem will be keeping track of everything! It's really a mess under there! I'm not afraid to do the work. I'm just worried about losing my place in the process. I took 40 or 50 closeup pictures of the underside and all around the top side. But still, I can see where that might not be enough as a suitable guide. When I remove a block capacitor, or even one of those mica capacitors, I put a number on the part and the same number on the chassis where I removed it.

Is there anything else I could do to better track this process?

Does Chuck Schwark's repro manual have the point to point wiring diagram, along with the info needed to identify which tabs are which on the coils, etc? In other words, could I rebuild the radio from the ground up with that original manual?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie - by boxjoint - 09-26-2013, 01:58 AM
RE: Philco 19 Restoration (from yet ANOTHER Newbie - by VintageVolts - 11-28-2013, 10:35 PM