Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help ID parts Canadian Model 91H

Hi

If you can deal with the many issues that cabinet has, it could become a very beautiful radio!

There are differences in USA and Canadian Philcos, although those differences were very minor until the mid to late 1930s, by which time Philco Products Ltd. (Canada) was producing some sets that were identical to their USA counterparts, and some that were radically different.

The main difference in the early models was the use of a metal tag on Canadian models such as yours, where the USA models had a paper label, black ink printed on gold-color paper.

I have a 91 chassis that came from a 91D cabinet. The chassis I have looks like yours, save for the fact that mine is a later version that has individual cylindrical shields over the front end tubes instead of one large shield over all three (RF, det-osc, and IF tubes).

Your 91H looks like this USA 71H:
http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1933a.htm#g

The speakers in your set could be reconed, which could be somewhat expensive but for a neat set like this, would be worth the effort and expense, I think. But that would depend on whether or not the cabinet can be restored.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
Help ID parts Canadian Model 91H - by TRusselo - 01-02-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: Help ID parts Canadian Model 91H - by Ron Ramirez - 01-03-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Help ID parts Canadian Model 91H - by morzh - 01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Help ID parts Canadian Model 91H - by Arran - 01-06-2014, 12:57 AM