Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco model 47-1230 console Need Help

OK...still need help.....one thing I can say is that far from knowing exactly what I am doing.....I think that I am getting to know my way around.......So I have ruled out the tone control even though I could probably use a new one....but I took it out of the circuit and still have the same distortion etc. I put a signal trace on AF and sound is clear at the volume control......so trying to trace it back I find myself looking for a bunch of caps 100 mmf and a few 250 mmf that I can not seem to locate. I see three type of doohickeys under the chasis.....one is square with dots which I was loathe to mess with since my experience tells me that the dots discolor forcing me to go to the schematic which I should be doing anyway but might make a mistake....I know that these rarely go bad (or do they)...at least the mica ones rarely go bad....but are these mica or paper ???????

so first question.....are these my 100 MMF caps.

Next I see some light brown tubular thingies marked 62-110 but do not see these on the parts list....anyone....what are they...I can't get a measurement ohms or mf because I think that they are below my meter capabilities. So, anybody...what are these caps or resistors

third and last I see some brown tubular thingies with stripes....but with bulges on the ends....caps or resistors...???

thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: philco model 47-1230 console Need Help - by victor3d - 01-07-2014, 02:18 PM