Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

19lz shadow meter

I have a spare tested & working shadowmeter I removed from a Canadian made Philco. If I remember correctly, the Canada Philco model was a 38-C9 ? .... which is equilavent to American made 38-8 "shoulder-tombstone" style cabinet vs Canadian made tabletop cab.
The shadowmeter I have is the "newer" style as shown on Chucks website. If it will work, PM me. The coil is good and I already replaced the wires with new, and added new bulb. It worked well on my bench in the Philco chassis I removed it from!
I was going to hang-on to it, but if it will help another restorer, I will sell it. This is the type shadowmeter, that uses the 2-spring type clips that *snaps-on*, & holds it behind the round Philco brass escutcheon assy.
Perhaps the one I have is a totally-different item altogether?
I work on so many different brands vintage radios for customers, I cant remember all the different brands particular items anymores without taking time to seek verification or looking closely at vintage part numbers on old schematics,etc. Just tryin to help my friends here if I have the spare parts you are seeking. Perhaps Ron or Chuck can help verify if my good vintage Philco spare shadowmeter will fit your application. Right now, Im into reworking another 1936 model tabletop Truetone for a customer,( popular brand amongst buyers),.. and am "focused" on getting that project done in my vast amount of spare-time. (Hee Hee, wish I had more hobby-time indeed)! My wife just brought in a another Philco mod 65 lowboy in great orig condition she found at a antique shop in Fredericksburg Tx. She purchased it for $40. SWEET orig condition! I have another Philco model 65 lowboy in our collection I restored a few yrs ago, and for TRF , it sounds great! I like the compact-size and styling of those early model 65 lowboy Philco consoles! Good luck with all your Philco restorations, and if I can help anyway, lemme know via PM. Icon_wink Sincerely, Randal

Messages In This Thread
19lz shadow meter - by philco phan - 05-31-2008, 06:56 PM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 05-31-2008, 10:11 PM
[No subject] - by philco phan - 05-31-2008, 11:16 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 06-01-2008, 10:31 AM
[No subject] - by philco phan - 06-01-2008, 11:34 AM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 06-01-2008, 12:43 PM
[No subject] - by Texasrocker - 06-04-2008, 12:52 AM
[No subject] - by philco phan - 06-04-2008, 12:07 PM