Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aligning 40-155...signal bleeding in

Jeff, I'd set up the radio as described in the alignment instructions, with the dial at 580 and then move my signal generator frequency until I heard something.

Then adjust compensator 19 and the tuning condenser (note C) until you get the radio dial pointer to the frequency of the signal generator.

Let's say with the radio dial set at 580 you can hear a tone when the signal generator is at 700. Your dial is off, but at least you know it receives 700 KHz. Adjust compensator 19 until the radio pointer is at 700 with the signal generator tone loud and clear. Then turn both the radio and signal generator back to 580 and see if you pick a signal somewhere near there.

Alternatively, if you can pick up the 580 signal with the pointer anywhere on the radio dial, then it's a starting place to walk the pointer back to 580 using 19.

If you can't pick up any signal on the lower part of the dial, even with the pointer way off, you might have a different problem, but try this first.

By the way, be sure that the tuning pointer is placed correctly on the dial cord by turning the tuning knob all the way to the left. Check that the tuning condenser is completely closed. There is a little dash on the far left side of the dial glass that is where the pointer should be with the tuning condenser completely closed. If it isn't, slide the pointer on the dial cord until it is behind the little dash. Make sure the condenser is still closed. Then tune to 580 and try the alignment.

Did your I.F. alignment go OK with the loop connected?

John Honeycutt

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aligning 40-155...signal bleeding in - by Raleigh - 01-28-2014, 12:03 AM