Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need a decent schematic Scott Laureate

A few more caps in the mixer and oscillator sections. The last couple I replaced really brought up the sensitivity on the SW band, I'm hearing a lot of stations now all the way across the band.

So, only 4 paper caps left in the set. These will not be so easy, since they are buried pretty far in. One is even buried inside an adjustment can that I can't even identify from the schematic (see post above).

I did manage to make the calibration of the FM a bit better. The 20K grid leak resistor on the LO had drifted up to 27K. The closest I had to the proper value was a 22K, so I used that for now. Will have to order a 20K sometime down the line. What this did for me was it allowed me to get the dial to track pretty well on the top half of the dial. It's still off on the lower half, but by a max of about 400KHz. This is an improvement over before, when I could align it in the middle, and it would be off by ~700KHz on the bottom and up to 1MHz on the top. Perhaps the proper resistor will bring it in even closer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need a decent schematic Scott Laureate - by BrendaAnnD - 02-01-2014, 09:21 AM