Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aligning 40-155...signal bleeding in

Well John...greetings from the tundra.
At least it was an ideal day to have a chat once more with my friend the 40-155....relating on a very personal level now.
Anywho....I think I believe I am just about there....after pulling the cans apart and rewiring them....various other wires that had fallen apart with all my probing had to be replaced. A 10K resistor and 250mmf cap in the antenna array as well. The biggest culprit was wiring in the 1st IF can (30).....wiring that had passed inspection now had crumbled and was touching the chassis and each other....small and hidden breaks but enough to mess the RF circuit up. 13 tested good.....I replaced 1A and 1B in the array. This antenna has been a problem from the get go...the mice had eaten thru the wiring in numerous places. So things have settled down...some odd squeak and growls yet but more a problem of the leads to the antenna I believe....I will pass on replacing the socket for today. An alignment is also badly need now...though it is sitting here playing WCCO very well....good sounding radio. it certainly is a labor of love what we do..... :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aligning 40-155...signal bleeding in - by jeffgniffke - 02-22-2014, 09:55 PM