Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radio Daze PHILCO Decals Corrected!

I am not a collector or restorer, but do like old radios and OTR programs. I just acquired a 37-116 and am having the cabinet refinished. There were no decals on it when I got it, just a faint imprint of the Philco logo at the top. It looks like I should get the DCL-37-116 decals from Radio Daze for the controls. I haven't seen any images on the web of a straight front 37-116 with a band selector decal, although I have seen pictures of the slant front with that decal. Should I put on the band selector decal on my straight front cabinet? If so, exactly where should it go? Anyone have a good picture of a straight front 37-116 with a full set of correct decals?

With regard to the Philco logo at the top (with "high fidelity" underneath), the cabinet is now stripped and I don't have the height/size of the lettering from the old imprint (I'm a newbie!.) It looks like I should get DCL-PH-HIFI from Radio Daze,l but he decals look awfully small. Can anyone confirm that is the right logo decal? If not, what should I be using?

Finally, the cabinet refinisher wants to put the decals on before he puts the finish on. I see posts on the Phorum indicating that you do it on top of the finish and protect the decals with lacquer or maybe polyurethane. Can you put the decals on either way, either before or after the cabinet finish coat(s) and if so, is one way better than the other?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Radio Daze PHILCO Decals Corrected! - by Larry S. - 03-15-2014, 11:04 AM