Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60 volume and no frequency

I bought a Model 60B, which is older than I had worked on to this point. Unfortunately for me it's been re-worked. I watched Bob Andersen's series and of course I can't match his skill and knowledge but I'd like to have this one working. It never had volume 'control'. I hear the tone switching but never heard any radio station. after recapping and replacing the resistors I have nothing but spent days and weeks with little to show for it. I have a digital multi-meter, isolation transformer, dim bulb tester and a newly purchased Eico 324 signal generator. when I probe the output resister 470K I hear the scratching of the probe. Seeing all the material about the coils, not knowing what else to do I recoiled the IF and antenna coils - first time - no result. I tried to follow the Model 60 turning steps but I don't have a analog multimeter. I don't have a lot of money and I feel guilty spending too much on a new hobby because I feel selfish family-wise. If I have some success, I could warrant slowly improving my test gear. So that's my story. I hope I gave an expert enough information to give me new insights as I am exhausted and feel I'm doing more damage than good. I don't want to give up because this would be a real show piece for me personally. I turn the volume on and nothing up or down. The voltage seems reasonable but I wish I had started without someone's makeshift changes. I don't know where I stand. Appreciate any insights. Rich

Messages In This Thread
Model 60 volume and no frequency - by winston763 - 04-05-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 04-08-2014, 08:58 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 04-09-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 05-03-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: Model 60 volume and no frequency - by TV MAN - 05-09-2014, 08:00 PM