Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

650X cabinet touch up?

By no means am I an expert of any kind when it comes to refinishing cabinets, so let the big dogs settle any disputes.

But, I'll repeat some of what I have read/used. For the most part the finish used for repairs is toned laquer. I think that the Mohawk brand is one that many people here use. I'll let the experts weigh in on what shade to use for what. With the type of damage you have to the base of the cabinet it would seem to indicate to me that you would want to strip the finish from those parts and refinish them. This may hold true for the entire cabinet as well, depends on what the condition of the rest of it is. I own a 38-5 that has similar finish issues. Just haven't gotten to that project yet. Too much other stuff to get accomplished first.

For the veneer repair some of them use salvaged veneer from other cabinets or will buy some from a woodworking store to use for the repair. Many woodworking stores can give you a step by step on how to replace a broken/missing piece of veneer.

Messages In This Thread
650X cabinet touch up? - by wonderwrench - 08-01-2008, 11:56 AM
[No subject] - by phly guy - 08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
[No subject] - by wonderwrench - 08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
[No subject] - by phly guy - 08-07-2008, 11:19 PM