Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-610 Code 126 signal issues

Chuck,

Not really any volume problems, and there is good AGC voltage getting to the grids, it just doesn't seem to be DOING anything, at least not as it should be. The various coils are some of the first things I checked, given Philco's proclivity for open coils.

I did change out the 1M resistors in the AGC circuit. They had drifted quite high. This did help with overload, but did not completely solve the problem.

Also, here's the oddest thing.. it seems to be worse on BCB. The difference between a short antenna and a long one seems to be much less on the SW bands, which though they don't have the degree of normal background noise I'm used to, seem to be much more "even".

I suppose it's possible I have a weak/gassy tube in the IF and/or detector, but I am getting, as I said, a very good range of AGC voltages.

Oh.. I doubt that the packet will mail out over the weekend, since I haven't made it to the post office with the payment as yet (post office is different than our mail room, and I don't get there as often).

Messages In This Thread
38-610 Code 126 signal issues - by BrendaAnnD - 05-01-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: 38-610 Code 126 signal issues - by BrendaAnnD - 05-01-2014, 12:28 PM
RE: 38-610 Code 126 signal issues - by gregb - 05-02-2014, 03:12 PM