Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 42-380X Reception problems

David B Wrote:Thank you, but there are no real operating instructions there Rider gives you the schematic and related but little or no explanation of the controls on the radio. Again, thanks.

Dave B.
Radio owners manuals are almost non existent. I would guess most were lost when the sets were near new. The only reasons we have service data today. Repair tech's needed the info to do their jobs so they kept the info. Several companies like riders compiled service info and sold it. Because there was a large info base available and people willing to spend the time and money to make the service info available we have it today. The few Philco owners manuals I have seen are near useless anyway. At best the 42-380X manual may show how to set the preset tuning. I'm sure if you need to know how someone here will surely know. Looks like your radio has 4 knobs, tuning, volume, bass and treble. It has 3 bands. That is about all the useful info the manual will give you plus some safety info.

You say it performs poorly. Do all the tubes check good? Have you aligned the radio? All voltages in spec etc. etc.

Bill

It's not what you don't know that hurts you it's what you know that's not so.

Messages In This Thread
Philco 42-380X Reception problems - by David B - 09-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Re: Philco 42-380X Reception problems - by wonderwrench - 09-14-2008, 01:38 PM