Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dragging out an old nemisis-Philco 66 cathedral-SUCCESS

Good to know. I'd sort of like to keep it in the line for now, until I sort out the other problem. At least this way, I have some warning if I'm cooking the transformer. By the way, yesterday, I heard some low volume static after I redid the filter circuit. Today, not so much, but the dim bulb has a bit more glow to it than it did before.
One good thing about working on radios: if the electronics aren't working for me, I can always go out to the garage and do cabinet work. I've been stripping two small cabinets since I posted last, and I feel pretty good about it. 5050 Lacquer thinner and acetone, some gloves and elbow grease and the Crosley 66TC and the Air King 4604A cabinets look much better without all those cracks, scratches, and ugly on them. I may finish stripping them tonight, and do some veneer repair tomorrow. Stain and let them sit for 48. Makes me feel good to see positive results. That Air King was ugly. I kind of like it now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragging out an old nemisis-Philco 66 cathedral - by ccomer1955 - 08-14-2014, 09:14 PM