Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dragging out an old nemisis-Philco 66 cathedral-SUCCESS

Thanks, that gives me a method. Assuming the caps and resistors on the 6A7 circuit are in spec. and wired correctly, that would leave me with the osc. coil or the tube as reasons for no oscillation, right? Or possibly a dirty bandswitch? If I measure across each of the three windings on the coil (16), does anyone know what sort of resistance numbers I should be seeing. Two of the windings are quite short (I think one has 7-8 turns). What I'm seeing is zero ohms (just continuity...maybe .1 ohms), 3.4 ohms, and 72 ohms (in no particular order) measured at the lugs of the o/c. coil. However, I've read that even given correct resistance, the coil can...what is the word...leak?
Also, if I push a modulated signal at 1500 at the antenna and can hear it when I tune the dial to that part of the radio's dial, I'm most likely hearing the signal generator oscillating? Is that true? I can do that, but the sound coming from the speaker is low volume.

Charlie in San Antonio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragging out an old nemisis-Philco 66 cathedral - by ccomer1955 - 08-22-2014, 02:20 PM