Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco B Battery Eliminator : How's it work?

I finally tested the Philco Battery Eliminator. I made a supersaturated solution of Borax and placed it still warm in the 4 rectifier bottles. When I applied power (through a variac) I got only a short dull glow out of the light bulb before the current started to pass through the cells. I could see which cells were working best by noticing the bubble rate. The measured voltages were a bit disappointing: B+ Detector-.60 v; B+ Power - 4.5-6 volts; B+ Amp - 4.6 volts; and B-, -5.5 volts. The bottles did heat up a little beyond when I started. The most difficult part was getting all the Borax out later. It all came out of solution rather quickly (even while current was going through it) and solidified on the bottom of the bottles. It took a bit of hot water and a long screwdriver to get it all out. I'm happy now. The unit will sit on the floor under an old Electrola.

Messages In This Thread
Philco B Battery Eliminator : How's it work? - by Guest - 09-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Re: Philco B Battery Eliminator : How's it work? - by Guest - 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Re: Philco B Battery Eliminator : How's it work? - by Guest - 09-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Re: Philco B Battery Eliminator : How's it work? - by Guest - 10-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Test Completed ! - by Guest - 10-06-2008, 07:30 PM