Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-280 power switch and finish up

Sam, Here is the carbide burr I used in the Dremmel

[Image: http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q734...693a74.jpg]

The Dremmel required a slight angle to clear the trimmer cab above the switch assembly.  Light pressure was just right.  The rivets rotated a tad giving a nice even cut off of the flange.

A hacksaw blade broken off and the end ground like a chisel that I use a lot was the perfect tool for working the switch off the rivets.  Standard caution - corral the area for dropped parts.

Scrubbing bubbles cleaned up the switch interior and contacts.  Just a tab of lube is plenty.

The screw clearance holes are just barely big enough and too long screw through one hole helped keep it together lowering it to the bracket.  If I have to do it again I will try flipping the chassis so gravity will work with me.

Got to hold the switch top plate in place as you lower the switch back onto the assembly.  After it was in place lightly held one finger on the switch and a pair of needle noses in the other hand to gently wiggle the PB operator up and down a bit to line up tip and switch center.  If the chassis had been flipped I think it would have been a lot easier.

Messages In This Thread
41-280 power switch and finish up - by K7Sparky - 01-27-2015, 06:37 PM
RE: 41-280 power switch and finish up - by sam - 01-28-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: 41-280 power switch and finish up - by K7Sparky - 01-28-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: 41-280 power switch and finish up - by sam - 01-29-2015, 04:02 AM