Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unknown (To Me, At Least) Philco

Hello -

I'm not a collector of radios per se, but picked this Philco up quite a few years back.  It's been in storage since then, but I got around to bringing it out just this past week. The trouble is (unless I'm simply missing it) I don't see this exact configuration in the website's photo gallery, and if I'm reading the information available correctly, it probably ought to have a tube cover that'd bear the model number (and I'd ask if in fact that's missing, to what degree it impacts its collectibility). I'm thinking it dates to the period of roughly 1928-31.  I really liked the delicate clamshell-like motif of the speaker opening (at the time I resided in Pismo Beach, California).  Its approximate dimensions are 40½" high X 27½" wide X 14½" deep.

My intention is to do minimal clean-up/restoration and to finally use it as decor, even though the "clam" connection no longer applies.

If anyone can identify/date this unit, I'd apppreciate it.  I was also wondering about how large the production run was for this model.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Unknown (To Me, At Least) Philco - by On Your AM Dial - 02-03-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: Unknown (To Me, At Least) Philco - by KCMike - 02-03-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Unknown (To Me, At Least) Philco - by Arran - 02-04-2015, 03:19 AM