Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unknown (To Me, At Least) Philco

(02-03-2015, 09:10 PM)On Your AM Dial Wrote:  Thank you, Ron, it was right there, don't know how I overlooked it.

When I got it home, here were two tubes that evidently fell out in transit, I'll have to look for where they go and reinstall them.

Very high production figure.  But I'd bet quite a few of these suffered breakage of the elaborate wood cutout over the speaker.

Many have broken speaker grilles but it's not really a big deal to reproduce grilles for these sets, and they are easy to remove and replace, so it does really make an example with the grill completely intact that much more desirable then one that doesn't.  I'm not 100% sure but I think that someone may be reproducing the grille sections as well. What mainly matters is what chassis was used, the model 95 was the top end chassis, the 65 the bottom (I think). Some of the later production models have a tapestry grille cloth in place of the fretwork, then for 1930 they changed the lowboy cabinet so that it has a pair of turned grille bars rather then a fretwork grille, along with some other changes.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unknown (To Me, At Least) Philco - by KCMike - 02-03-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Unknown (To Me, At Least) Philco - by Arran - 02-04-2015, 03:19 AM