Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Differences between 46-200 and 48-200

We're going off-topic here, but so what; this is my Phorum, after all. Icon_lol

I looked at KRMG's pattern on the FCC website this morning.

I see they are not only highly directional toward OKC..but just as highly directional in the opposite direction, toward Springfield/Branson, MO. Unfortunately with their 50 KW, this means they are beaming straight toward Evansville, Indiana at night.

I like to listen to AM 740, CHWO, out of Toronto at night as they often play good music. Although recently, they underwent a bit of a format change and are now favoring oldies rock music from the 60s. I prefer the standards and big band stuff, which they still play on their "Sentimental Journey" program.

It is very frustrating to try and hear CHWO when KRMG comes barging in with feetball, basketball, baseball, ball, schmall. And as much as I enjoy listening to Michael Savage, it is odd to suddenly hear Savage yelling over some nice old standard thanks to KRMG fading in over CHWO.

Guess I'll just have to get my 40-201 console going again, so I can rotate its loop antenna to null KRMG out at night.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
Re: Differences between 46-200 and 48-200 - by Ron Ramirez - 01-02-2009, 10:36 AM