Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice?

For anyone who reads this post -- Texasrocker's "Tuned Loop Antenna" posted in the Bar & Grill is fantastic. Anyone who needs a great antenna should build one of these. I built one this weekend and it is AMAZING how well it works. And, it is very easy to build -- my being able to build one is proof of that fact. Icon_smile I owe a big thanks to Texasrocker who was gracious enough to answer all my questions.

The antenna works extremely well. I have it attached to a big 9-tube Zenith console that has a tuning eye. The radio now picks up stations that it never could touch before. An example: I can pick up a station with a signal filling about 2/3 of the green tuning eye, then tweak the antenna condenser to match and - WHAM - I'm at 100% full signal strength with great clarity!

I've attached a few pictures of my antenna. I wanted it to really look nice and be a fixture with my radios, so I stained it with dark walnut Minwax, then applied a few coats of Van Dyke Brown lacquer. I still have the clear lacquer to go, but think it already looks pretty good.

Very cool and fun project!

"Ignorance is bliss...'til you have to fix a radio..."

Messages In This Thread
Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice? - by jayoungs - 01-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Re: Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice? - by exray - 01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Re: Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice? - by jayoungs - 01-19-2009, 05:58 PM