Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Found today in the local Goodwill.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the advice on the surface mount items.
Right now, I have the unit transmitting sound from a small cassette player, coupled through an old output transformer. Sounds ok, and I think if and when I rebuild the cartridge, it should sound fine. If I build a preamp I may go with some vintage transistors and standard parts, not sure yet.

Adding an AUX input, (no worries, no holes will be drilled Icon_smile ) I may need some sort of better matching to the tube, or sound shaping device. The music I played had a wide range of frequencies, compared to what a 78 record would have. I think my next test would be to play some period music thru it.

Doug, as far as the antenna, the frequency didn't seem to drift at all when I put my hands around the player, or touched the antenna itself.. I looked at the diagram and seen the antenna symbol, but it was not routed to the AC cord , a far as I could see.
The original rubber cord was a 2 conductor cord, and no indication it had any coupling to the cord as a carrier current system would have.

The antenna lead that comes out of the chassis looks like the original rubber coated wire, but obviously someone added the striped wire, and carpet tacks you see. Could one of these transmitters have had a loop instead of coupling to the cord?

OK I need to go, but thanks for your inputs and help as always Icon_smile
Gary

Messages In This Thread
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Syl - 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Found today in the local Goodwill 2 - by DeckApe - 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Syl - 01-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by gary rabbitt - 01-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Re: Found today in the local Goodwill. - by Arran - 07-13-2009, 11:47 PM