Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Issue with rebuilt 38-690 audio transformer

Started looking at voltages in the power supply chassis. I'm getting about 330V on pins 3 and 4 (plate, grid) of the 6L6 output tubes. I'm getting no measurable voltage on the other two tubes in this chassis, apart from -5 on pin 5 of the 6J5 and -16 on pin 5 of the 6F6. There is voltage elsewhere in the power chassis. For instance,
274 on one side of choke #167, 260 on the other. Other places where I would expect there to be voltage, such as the non-grounded side of the non-polarized cap feeding the tweeter, I'm getting nothing.
I wish I could give you a better description of what's happening; just having a tough time tracing out this voltage; pretty complicated schematic!

If anyone can point me in the direction of places to check for specific voltage w/in this power supply, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thank you.

EDIT/ADDITION:

Plates of the two transformers are giving good AC. Getting 280 off the plates of Transformer 178, and about 340 on the plates of Transformer 179.
Also: Speaker coils all check good; field coil, audio output transformer etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue with rebuilt 38-690 audio transformer - by Diverted - 06-30-2015, 08:43 PM