Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 90 Ball of Confusion!

Ron, thanks for the response. I connected the components as you described. Of course, now the radio doesn't play Icon_razz , but then again, I did not check it each time I put in a new cap or re arranged the wiring back to original RATS! I noticed also that the RF 27 tube does not appear to light up. How did I manage to screw that up? The radio was working before I started the recap/re-wire process, but had significant oscillating problems and sound was very uneven a not very clear (which is the major reason I wanted to do the recap)
A couple of thoughts; have we found a new shcematic /parts diagram error? Again, my parts list calls for a C-18 3903-M for C-18, not R type. The schematic does not seem to jive with the parts diagram and did not notice any changes made in the Riders about a substitution for a 3903-M for and R. I also have concerns about R 1 and R 49 and where they are supposed to be gorunded. Schematic shows they are to be grounded to chassis, but the parts diagram is unclear and they are currently grounded to the # 1 lug of C-35 (which is OK I guess, but why different than what the diagram seems to show?
Would you or anyone else out there on the Phorum have a good photo of the underside of the chassis so I can confirm my wiring /component placement?
Lastly, the parts list shows 4 electrolytic caps (a 6 and 10 at C-56 and a 6 and 10 at C-57). Were the Mershon cans dual electrolytics? It is not obvious to me by the shcematic.
Thanks again for all your help.
SF/MG

Messages In This Thread
Philco 90 Ball of Confusion! - by madghost - 02-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Re: Philco 90 Ball of Confusion! - by Ron Ramirez - 02-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Re: Philco 90 Ball of Confusion! - by madghost - 02-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Re: Philco 90 Ball of Confusion! - by Ron Ramirez - 02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Re: Philco 90 Ball of Confusion! - by madghost - 02-20-2009, 08:15 AM