Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1937 Philco 37-620 chairside and 1936 640 tombstone

Rich it is strange it has light corrosion on the chassis but the cabinet is very solid and not de-laminated or rotted, I am thinking about restoring the chassis by drilling the rivets and dropping everything out and then doing the main chassis by sandblasting it in my sandblast cabinet with glass beads. I will look to see if I can clean it up in the normal manner first. I haven't pulled the chassis out but there didn't apprear to be any "hack-work" on the topside so hopefully the underside is ok also. I have to find someone that had a rotted cabinet so that I can get the missing rear foot or make one as a temp solution. I posted better pictures of both chassis on my webshots side, the chairside looks like it will be a quick fix but the 640 might be a longer project. I plan on restoring the chassis and putting a new dial on the chairside first getting the dials from Mark Oppat.[Image: http://inlinethumb64.webshots.com/41727/...425Q85.jpg] This is a better shot, it appears it was exposed to damp condtions but the cabinet doesn't see to have suffered as a result.

Messages In This Thread
Re: 1937 Philco 37-620 chairside and 1936 640 tombstone - by 49Stude63 - 02-23-2009, 12:30 PM