Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grandfather clock radio combo

(08-14-2015, 08:32 AM)codefox1 Wrote:  So you have an artifact of questionable heritage (like me.)  We will help you to get if fixed and working if that's your goal.

I appreciate everyone who offered opinions on this.

Honestly, what attracted me to this was the idea of the clock radio, and this cabinet
Since then I've done a lot of research and found there were many makes and models of these.

Surprised me since i had never seen a single one before.

This one seems to have started life as a Sessions clock with a Zenith radio.

Factory made? there is no record of it.  I have found another example of this model along with others that ALL
share the same radio (Zenith_Zenette)

After talking with the owner, and the thought that this might be just stripped and thrown out, I offered about 1/3 of what he was asking and he accepted.

BTW Ron is right, it is a 37-611 (with a variation from the schematics I've found)

Initially I will fix the cabinet and restore the 37-611...hopefully.

I'm trying to find the original chassis and possibly put it back to the way I believe it started out.
Though since no one seems to believe that it was made by the factory I'm not sure if I shouldn't just clean it up
and keep the philco with it. The Zenith has an RF stage so it most likely would be a more sensitive radio but the
Philco has 3 bands.

The photo attached is a unmolested version

In the short term I need to find a speaker for the Philco, right now it's connected to a AK speaker in poor condition.
Output transformer 200ohm primary (4000ohm imp)

I have ordered all the caps and some out of tolerance resistors I noticed.

As I mentioned above the chassis varies from the Philco factory 37-611 schematic.
In center of the chassis there is an additional bakelite cap not shown on the chassis layout or in the parts listing
Along with a few other components not listed. I looked for any updates but could not find any for this circuit change.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Grandfather clock radio combo - by thinktreasure - 07-31-2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by sam - 08-01-2015, 03:30 PM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by AI2V - 08-01-2015, 09:12 PM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by AI2V - 08-02-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by codefox1 - 08-14-2015, 08:32 AM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by thinktreasure - 08-14-2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by wa2ise - 08-15-2015, 08:25 AM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by sam - 09-11-2015, 02:00 AM
RE: Grandfather clock radio combo - by codefox1 - 09-15-2015, 02:31 PM