Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

37-624 Flexible Resistor Replacement

Thanks, Chuck. I completely missed that link on your site, since my radio was not listed as using them! Perhaps you could include the 37-624 and its flexible resistors in your list (16.7 ohms and 33.3 ohms).

Since in my radio the resistors are covered by spaghetti tubing in the original radio, I will likely NOT go to the trouble and expense of having them reproduced. I will likely go with multiple 1/2 watt carbon comp resistors. But I would still like an answer on long term stability of these resistors, and also film type resistors, if anyone has the data or experience. I am aware that carbon comp resistors do drift over time.

I did do one test by running rated current (240ma) through my fabricated 8.3 ohm resistor (3 x 2.7ohm 1/2 watt, selected to equal 8.2 ohms) inside the original spaghetti tubing for 1 hour. It got slightly warm, but there was no change in resistance after one hour. I'm thinking this just might work if the radio is only used occasionally (I cannot imagine anyone actually using a 6 volt DC set for any length of time!)

Messages In This Thread
37-624 Flexible Resistor Replacement - by davemc - 03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 03-05-2008, 12:24 PM
[No subject] - by davemc - 03-06-2008, 07:41 AM