Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dragging out an old nemisis-Philco 66 cathedral-SUCCESS

Yes, C13 ungrounded pin to the coil side of C14.
I'm not sure how to specify the part of the band switch, but it is the pin on the bandswitch where the lug on the coil 16 has a directly wired connection, so I'm getting zero ohms from Grid One of the 6A7 (pin five according to my tube manual) to that pin on the bandswitch. I was thinking that would show me resistance across one of the windings on coil 16 because that is what the schematic seemed to show because I'm seeing a connection from the start of the first winding of 16 to tuning gang trimmer C11 and grid 1 of the 6A7 (pin 5). So I was attempting to get the beginning of the first winding to the end of it. The end of the first winding seems to be the beginning of the second (or the same pin, so I measured from that pin on the bandswitch to the ungrounded side of C13, then from the ungrounded side of C13 to the coil side of C14.
What I'm trying to do is get a sense of the health of coil 16 by measuring the resistances across its three windings. Where should I be measuring? I can, pull the coil, I suppose.

Charlie in San Antonio

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragging out an old nemisis-Philco 66 cathedral - by ccomer1955 - 08-21-2014, 05:38 PM