Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Please help with 49-905

I have the same plug on my 48-482, which uses the line cord antenna for FM, which I have found works quite well. Here is how to make a duplicate.

First, you will need to find, or make, a plug that replicates the original. Cut a piece of 16 gauge stranded PVC covered hook up wire 19 3/4" long. The original color was white. Strip enough from one end so that you can solder it into the pin of the plug shown in the schematic.

Next, get a piece of fairly thin sheet brass from a hardware store. It should be thin enough so you can bend it fairly easily with a couple of pairs of long nose pliers. We are not making a name plate, LOL. Cut a piece of this sheet brass 1" x 1" square. If hard pressed I have a feeling a piece cut from a tin can would work OK too.

Strip and solder the other end of the wire to one corner of the brass square.

Wrap the brass square in a single layer of PVC electrical tape. Now, form the square into a tube around the line cord so it is wrapped around the line cord as closely as possible, then crimp it down so it is snug on the cord, but the cord can slide if tugged. Set it about 19" down the cord from the chassis. Give that a try. You will have to adjust the position of the brass square for maximum gain, but it should work OK.

Good luck !

Messages In This Thread
Please help with 49-905 - by OZ4 - 11-08-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Please help with 49-905 - by mikethedruid - 11-11-2014, 05:24 PM