Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MODEL 43 - REPAIR DE-LAMINATED PLYWOOD IN BASE OF RADIO CABINET

John,

Thanks for the great advice! I'll keep my eyes open for a syringe like that, and for the larger needles as well. I was wondering about "diluting" the glue with water--so it doesn't have any negative effect?

Jim

(11-27-2014, 03:12 AM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  Years ago I found a glass syringe that worked great for gluing.... I liked it much better than the disposable plastic syringes.  Unfortunately I dropped it and part of it broke..... and no place around here used glass syringes any longer.  I then looked on eBay and found a couple of replacements with large gauge needles.  Needles aren't as hard to find, try a feed store that stocks supplies for farm animals.

Like Arran I like the larger 10 or 20cc sizes and also squirt the glue directly into the syringe instead of trying to suck it up.  Depending on what I'm gluing I'll sometimes dilute the wood glue with water.

Since I work around hospitals I have a stock of disposable syringes in various sizes from 50cc on down, but for the easiest glue injection I always use a glass syringe.... it's the kind of thing where you won't miss it until you try one, then you'll be hooked Icon_wink