Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Quality of early Philco televisions.

(12-04-2014, 02:21 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  
(12-03-2014, 10:34 PM)Jayce Wrote:  I'm going to gently nudge this thread back onto subject here. Anyone know how well restored Philco TVs work compared to the competition of the time?

I just noticed this thread, and I am going to gently nudge it back off subject for a moment, then I will shut up and let you guys carry on about Philco TV sets.

It's bad enough that Victorian and Edwardian homes are being lost to an uncaring bunch of sheeple so they can build more cheap McMansions that will do well to last 30 years...but I've noticed a trend lately to destroy Mid Century Modern (and just plain Mid Century) homes recently for the same reasons. Tear down a home with character...build another lookalike McMansion. Icon_thumbdown

OK, this concludes my diversion from the topic at hand. Carry on...

They had a lot of that going on during the real estate bubble that burst back in 2008, then there were the fly by night flippers who would actually wreck a house by messing with the plumbing and wiring. Of course they were also building subdivisions where they had no business building them, like out in the desert of California, there are a few videos of them tearing down houses, most of which were unfinished, because there was no chance of anyone buying or completing them.
    It happens around here from time to time, but for most people it's cheaper just to buy an empty lot and build a new house rather then tear an old place down and build a new one unless the old place has an unusually large lot in a "desirable" location. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason behind the zoning though, in some areas of town they allow duplexes to be built but it has no bearing on the size of the lot, in my area of town they don't allow duplexes, even though the lots are larger then where they do allow them.
Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
Quality of early Philco televisions. - by Jayce - 11-26-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: Quality of early Philco televisions. - by Arran - 12-09-2014, 03:19 AM