Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 16 voltage divider resistor questions

Hey guys,
Well the work continues on my 16 chassis. The thing was in tougher shape than I thought and a mess!! The 10uf electrolytic cap that ties to ground shorted out at some time and overheated the power transformer which caused wax to leak out all over the chassis and also took out a couple of resistors. the good news is the transformer ohms out okay and with some rewiring should be okay.  the question I have is with the voltage divider resistor (part 81 on the schematic).  It ohms out okay, but almost all of the covering is gone from it, leaving just the resistance wire on the insulating tube. My questions are- can I use the resistor as is? I'm assuming the missing covering was some kind of heat sink for the wire. Second, my alternative is to make a new divider resistor using modern power resistors in series, so does any one know the wattage rating for the original resistor? Any input is always appreciated. thanks!
Kevin

Messages In This Thread
Philco 16 voltage divider resistor questions - by 37silverstreak - 12-08-2014, 10:58 PM