Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need place to repaint / restore a 513 cabinet

Hi Everyone,

Chuck Schwark recommended that I join these forums, and from what I've read so far, I love it! I recently took ownership of a 1928 Model 513 (Labrador Grey) that has unfortunately been somewhat molested over the years.

First off, this radio is my second attempt at a restoration, it hasn't overwhelmed me (yet), and quite frankly I'm really excited about getting this one working, as I've wanted a 511 series for quite sometime. Splitting the filter cap can open was a new experience Icon_smile.

Chassis elements I can deal with, but when it comes to painting such a pattern, well.... I'll have to concede defeat that this is beyond my knowledge and talent. Does anyone know a place that is reputable that is able to do a great job at the gradient and floral designs of this cabinet? Unfortunately the entire cabinet would need to be stripped because someone took a rattle can sometime in its history and spray painted the entire thing a flat charcoal grey.

Any help or suggestions would be great appreciated!

All the best,

-Damien

Messages In This Thread
Need place to repaint / restore a 513 cabinet - by ProgressCity - 02-12-2015, 05:32 PM