Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need place to repaint / restore a 513 cabinet

(02-13-2015, 03:24 AM)ProgressCity Wrote:  There are no records of the paint colors and codes that Philco used to paint these are there?

Not that I am aware of. Ford once held Philco's archives in Dearborn but whether or not they still exist - and exactly what is in there if they do still exist - I do not know. It looks like Ford transferred all of their archives to the Benson Ford Research Center at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. You can search their holdings online; it looks like they have Philco annual reports from 1940 onward as well as some sales literature, but not much else.

I am honored that they have a copy of my book. Icon_smile

Anyway...I've never heard of a 1928 Philco escutcheon being made of aluminum or steel, only brass. Maybe some were made of thin steel and brass plated? See if a magnet will stick to this metal.

The cabinet should be painted with lacquer paints for authenticity. I can furnish larger photos of the 513 than what is in the Gallery if needed, to help you in repainting.

I've seen a couple 513 sets. As I recall, their knobs were black.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need place to repaint / restore a 513 cabinet - by Ron Ramirez - 02-13-2015, 07:21 AM