Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question

(04-08-2015, 02:50 AM)Arran Wrote:   I try not to pay anything for mass market turntables/phonographs, especially those needing a new needle, the yard sales are full of ones needing needles, or cartridges, and or belts, because people don't know where to get them, or can't be bothered, even the second hand stores won't take them. It's probably a half decent record player, and if it can track records without skipping, good, I'm just letting you know about my experiences in the local/regional market. I don't care about what they may sell for on fleabay, there are so many scam sellers and bidders on there who knows if a $200 sale is legit, but given that I don't like having radios shipped I wouldn't trust a seller with packing it right or a shipper getting one here in one piece with destroying it.
Regards
Arran

Thanks Arran for your humble opinion, I purchased this technics  TT on CR. I researched it before I bought it and I am happy with it.  The new stylist was only 15$ . From what I've found out about this TT was it is a high end turntable in its day, and to replace it with one comparable quality of one made today would be very costly. It doesn't use a belt and it plays great. I noticed that vinyl records are making a come back, I grew up in the days with these stereo turntable's and couldn't past this one up. So now its all hooded up and playing . I now can play the records that been in storage for long time. Its hooked up to high end Sony system , it brings back the days of my growing up thru the 1970-80. Truly a lot of fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question - by morzh - 04-06-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question - by Arran - 04-08-2015, 02:50 AM
RE: Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question - by Fred Taylor - 04-08-2015, 07:59 AM