Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question

(04-08-2015, 01:28 PM)Eliot Ness Wrote:  Since it looks pretty clean and works OK I think you did alright at $100.  With used TT's you just need to watch out for signs of abuse and worn bearings/slack in the tonearm.  The SL-1300 gets pretty good reviews.... what type cartridge does it have and what type stylus did you put in it?  I have always liked the looks of the Technics TT's.  

Hi Eliot, the cartridge is a sure v15 III and the stylus is a sure track. before I bought it I did check for those things you mentioned , I found it on CR and believe it or not it was listed under antiques,  I wasn't even looking for a turntable but the add said antique gramophone and the pictures weren't all that great either . But I knew it was a table from the 70s but which one was it. So I called and asked if you could find a model number on it and she did. I told her I would get back with her. Then I researched it and called back told it was sold, the rest is history. I really like the strobe light for the speed, I remember when that first came out with tables, the sound of vinyl is still excellent with a good system. I still love the radios from the 30s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question - by morzh - 04-06-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question - by Arran - 04-08-2015, 02:50 AM
RE: Technics sl-1300 Tuntable question - by Fred Taylor - 04-08-2015, 05:35 PM