Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 60B Tapped Power Resistor #7998

I need a little help.  I'm getting ready to restore a late run Model 60 and I'm going over all the parts and their locations to familiarize myself with the set before I dig in.  I plan on replacing all the capacitors and resistors, and of course repairing both coils.  My question concerns part #47 on the schematic Philco p/n 7998.  It is a tapped power resistor.  When doing a very quick look over I homed it and it checked good.  It doesn't look that good but it did check out OK.  The schematic shows that it is a 32 ohm and a 235 ohm resistor.  On the Philco websites this resistor is not one of those listed.  

What I'm trying to do is to find out what the wattage would be. It looks like at least a 10 watts.   I'd like to know this just in case I need to replace it with a modern resistor.  I can replace components and spiff up the chassis etc but I'm lacking the knowledge to look at the schematic and figure it out by myself.  I have the spec on the #80 rectifier tube but have little idea what to do with them to solve my question.

Would somebody please tell me how to figure it out.  I'm familiar with Ohms Law and I know what the resistance is but I'm unsure of what the voltage and current would be across this resistor.

I'm attaching the schematic for the radio.  It is #47 on the schematic.

Thanks in advance.  

(Ron, I know this isn't your favorite radio but I got it pretty cheap and I thought it would be good to do for the experience before I do the 116X.)

Attached Files Image(s)

.pdf 80.pdf Size: 108.13 KB  Downloads: 100

Crist

Messages In This Thread
Model 60B Tapped Power Resistor #7998 - by Crist Rigotti - 04-11-2015, 07:51 PM