Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76

Terry advised me to come over here and kill a while reading thru his thread on L76. This is my first post on the Philco forum. I think i have one Philco radio so I don't frequent here much. I might post a pic of my only Philco (a 21) since they seem to be a bit rare.

Any. Terry, Excellent work! I am impressed you got the wrinkle finish as nice as you did. My understanding its hard to get it to look right and if you didn't say so it would be hard to tell it was repainted from the pictures! Can't say I ever seen some look for old Wax capacitors to stuff and put in place where the old ones were. Now that is being a purist! Icon_smile. Nice work and I may follow your lead in that regards.

I bought a several HROs a few months back and I really like the pre-war sets. I have serial numbers F-138 and U-251 (seniors) and o-77 (a jr). U-251 is in really nice physical condition and I need to find one more coil and its will be complete and i'll start on the restoration electrically. F-138 need considerable help including no coils, holes in the case some rust and who knows what eslse. Being such an early set it will be worth a resorting at some point and the Jr will probably donate some of its tube sockets, shields, etc to F

Thanks Terry, I don't know what it is about these sets but they really intrigue me. I enjoyed reading your article.

Steve

Messages In This Thread
OT RCA 6T71 1950 TV - by Radioroslyn - 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76 - by targeteye - 06-11-2016, 11:45 AM