Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76

Hi Steve and welcome to the Phorum,
So you are bored and have some time to kill! Thanks for the compliments. At that time I was working in a shop where we had some heat guns and lamps. I think that helps with the wrinkle paint. If I had to guess I'd say I spent 5 or 6 hours doing the body work and prep to fix the holes get it ready for paint. I enjoyed that part the patching,soldering, filling, sanding and priming. If you are patching holes don't try skipping the primer as the wrinkle paint will be absorb by the bondo and leave a ring around the filled area. Makes it stick out like a sort thumb!
The electronics was fairly straightforward barring the broken wire on the volume control and an odd taper RF gain control. Last fall a ran into an old National chassis with lots of dud paper caps in it. They have been cleaned up and are ready for new innards.
If you need some parts I maybe be able to help out. I've got an early RAS that is really in rough shape. Originally I thought I'd fix her up but now I'm thinking it's too much work and will part it out. HRO JR's don't show up too often so you may want to keep it in one piece.
As for your D coil there is a large radio meet in Aug that may yield one. There has been a guy who shows up with a few beat up HRO Seniors. I was told that he has some spare coils.
Have several Philco model 20's and a 21 somewhere. Got it a number of yrs ago but needed a lot of work. As I remember it had a bunch of open coils, Field coil, pri of the output trans, and a couple of the rf trans.It got set aside but I think I have the parts now to get it back working.
Look me up if I can be of help.

GL
Terry

Messages In This Thread
OT RCA 6T71 1950 TV - by Radioroslyn - 06-13-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Poor poor little National HRO Senior L76 - by Radioroslyn - 06-11-2016, 06:20 PM