Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoring Fisher X-101C Integrated Amp

I recently acquired a Fisher X-101C integrated amplifier that had gone through some hacked modifications before I received it. It had served as a roach motel at some period in its lifetime. I have spent hours cleaning both top-side and underneath the chassis. Some of the corrosion they caused underneath will never come off, but I have managed to clean off much of their residue underneath. Top-side I managed to get most of the corrosion to a pretty presentable appearance by using Weiman's metal polish and also Eagle Nevr-Dull polish plus many hours of work. Much of the added wire and components have been removed (much of it was insulated with duct tape). I have been rewiring the chassis as many cables and B+ wires were cut apart and left in place that way. It is a very slow process.

I found a volume control (the type without a switch) to replace the missing Volume control. The Balance control and Mode switch were also missing. I have a new balance control on hand now (they are linear taper, so I was able to find a suitable new manufacture control to use). I will soon get those wired into circuit. The loudness switch tab was broken off, so I have new slide switches to use in replacing all four slide switches. There was too much corrosion on them from the roaches to leave them the way they were.

I have two of the double concentric knobs on order from ebay. Do any of you have spare Fisher P/N E50325-1 knobs? They are the single slender knob that Fisher used with other units such as 400 and 500 series receivers for the on-off volume controls and the tuning knobs. They are ridged on the sides and a brass cap goes on the front. I can get the brass caps, just need the knobs.

Joe

Messages In This Thread
Restoring Fisher X-101C Integrated Amp - by Joeztech - 05-10-2015, 06:50 PM