Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Need help trying ID old Philco console.

Greetings everyone,

I'm brand new to the phorum and also to collecting old radios.  I recently acquired my first console for free off craigslist and am having trouble identifying it.  Thanks to the vast resources on this site, I'm almost certain it's a Philco set, but there are no labels anywhere on it.  I tried perusing the photo gallery here, plus google images and just can't find it.  It's a very plain tombstone style cabinet with an 8-tube chassis.  The dial shows it receives the standard AM MW band, and also 4.2-12.0 MHz shortwave.  The control layout and presence of a shadow meter most resemble the 14x, 18x, 19x models that were made in 1933-1934.  The escutcheon looks identical to the 14x of 1933 (two musicians).  It's also apparently a radio/phonograph combo that's missing the phonograph unit.  The lid for the phonograph has a metal plaque underneath depicting a squirrel playing a flute and the words "Nut Cracker Suite".  Tube set consists of 78 (X2), 75, 42 (X3), 6A7, 80.  I'm attaching some pictures in hopes somebody might recognize it.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cody

Messages In This Thread
Need help trying ID old Philco console. - by old_blue - 09-14-2015, 05:58 PM