Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My latest project.

This is my second day on the Phorum...
I have a 37-630 that I am working on.  I have managed to separate the RF section from the main chassis waiting on "Rubber Cushions" to arrive.  I would like to separate the speaker from the chassis.  Being that my wires are not color coded....faded yellow only, what does everyone else do to keep track of what wire goes where.  I thought about number labels on the wire and solder terminals in the junction box.  What else is acceptable?  I have recapped everything that was wax and paper.  The metal can caps on top of the chassis have been changed over the years and are very small units that are only able to be attached to the chassis with one screw.  Are these cans still available?  I have had the radio working and all bands sound good.  The shadow tuner works correct.  I have several old Philco's that I have been able to revive.  There is a difference between revive and restoration.  I have seen plenty of cobbled up radios trying to be sold as restored items.  I hope to meet some of the members on here in person.  Anybody live around Orange, Texas.

Benny/W5TYZ
Orange, Texas
The second mouse gets the cheese

Messages In This Thread
My latest project. - by Benny/W5TYZ - 01-21-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: My latest project. - by klondike98 - 01-21-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: My latest project. - by Nathan Slingerland - 01-21-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: My latest project. - by Benny/W5TYZ - 01-21-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: My latest project. - by KCMike - 01-21-2016, 03:38 PM
RE: My latest project. - by Benny/W5TYZ - 01-21-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: My latest project. - by KCMike - 01-21-2016, 04:47 PM