Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1966 or 7 bench style console

I appreciate your reply. These factors, coupled with the fact that they began losing the competition for living room space with TV's, added to the decline of this form of entertainment system. Nowadays, if they survive ignominious  basement status at estate sales or the unceremonious trip to the curb or dumpster, they wind up gutted, with parts going to China and the rest to the burning pit.

I cruised St. Vinnie's and Bethesda today and they no longer are interested in selling or taking electronics. Good Will happily takes them, then off they go by western boat, missing the sales floor. I anticipate a complete vacuum when the time comes for these to be of antique age.

The real reason I bought it was so I could get my Edison Diamond Disk upright back away from my grandkids in trade for something I might get them more interested in. It's an attempt to get a new generation into phonos and records. I would like them to take some of the 78's I have accumulated off my hands. Who needs two feet of Bing? They might get a kick out of listening to some White Album or maybe Eat A Peach. Definitely not the scratchy copy of Oklahoma I used as a test record. 'Course, Rock 'N Roll may in fact be deader'n swing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1966 or 7 bench style console - by MarkBardenwerper - 03-26-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: 1966 or 7 bench style console - by Joe Rossi - 04-09-2016, 01:14 PM